POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in : Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in
From: melo
Date: 23 Mar 2008 13:55:00
Message: <web.47e6a65b9efbe653314b3d800@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote:
I am able to see all your people.  I decided to put them two at a time in my
scene.

I have 5 people, 6 style, 2 outfits, I mixed and matched them up to see what
combinations I would get.

The main trick in getting them show up was your scaling 15 times, and
translating 2 times up y.  Then I could play with the rest until I saw them the
way I liked.

I am afraid, in one of my combinations, I managed to get a Parse error in
ppshort1.pov at Line: 568.  I saved the section of the message file that
reported the error.  If there is a way to send you a zip file, I would be glad
to email you my scene, ini files and msg dump.

I am hoping the rest of POV_person doc is going to allow me to learn how to
easily change the clothing and appearance of the person I would start
animating.

Might you have any design doc that pictorially outlines the calling sequence. In
a way, it appears to me, ppann, ppalf, ppbill, etc acting like instances of
pphuman0001.  I wonder if ppmale, ppfemale would have made sense, before
instances?   It also appears to me the MODEL of human is a skelatal being made
up of joints and segments.  It appears to me you partioned the space of
humanoid object properties into properties that define
  (a) the character (b) the style, (c) the expression, (d) the "pose", and (e)
the outfit

Which happened to be the parms one passes to ppFigure.

From my OOP days, I hope you will forgive me if I attempt to partition your
design entities along MVC paradidgm lines:
Model is (a) the human. Hopefeully as a tree.  Any skeletal being could be
modeled using this joint-segment approach.  Humanoid is just one instance.

Then at the model we could have divided it in male and female?,

Controller: (c) + (d) assuming they both give users means of making the being
laugh, walk, talk, etc. etc.  As I read about character animation, I learn that
facial expression and body expression are very closely related.  Like you are
sad, your face registers it as your shoulders sags, your walk changes, etc.

I would not even thought of including (e) as part of Humanoid object, it is an
external entity.  Yes, there should be an easy way to apply that external
entity on the Humanoid.